In a high-growth region like Sub-Saharan Africa, energy is critical to building a stable local economy. In recent years, Togo has had one of the region’s smallest electricity supplies (85 MW) and has had to import nearly 90% of its energy from Ghana & Nigeria. Today, the country is generating its own power with a 100 MW plant using natural gas or heavy fuel oil as main fuel and diesel as backup. This “tri-fuel” approach also allows rapid switching between fuels, providing flexibility in case the primary fuel type ever becomes unavailable. Project Finance awarded us the Private Power Plant Deal of the Year in 2009, acknowledging our success increasing the country’s generation sources by over 200%. The plant is running now for more than 3 years with availability higher than 98%.
How we work with our neighbors in Togo:
- Improving village access to potable water by installing and maintaining waterpipeline & fountains.
- Providing IT equipment to local schools and IT training to teachers and young local professionals in our on-site IT Training Center.
- Rehabilitating the Adamavo and Nagbeni school building with furniture and lighting fixtures.
- Supplying books and materials for students at the Nagbeni and Adamavo schools.
- Building additional classrooms to accommodate more students at the Adamavo and Nagbeni schools.
- Installing solar panels at schools and health centers in rural areas not on the electrical grid.
We opened our doors in 2005 with three employees. Today, our team of over 1,600 people operates in eighteen countries across four continents. ContourGlobal is a company where individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for excellence, and who want to make a difference thrive. We seek diverse, skilled and collaborative individuals to join our ranks and continue building our global business.