Mechanical Engineer , Togo
ContourGlobal® develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. We are able to move quickly on niche opportunities, with a broad expertise in the full range of traditional and alternative electricity-generation technologies. The company was founded in 2005 by current CEO Joseph Brandt, along with Reservoir Capital Group, a $4 billion USD New York-based investment fund. In its short 6-year history, CG has grown through greenfield and brownfield development and acquisitions and has become an important player in the energy markets. Today, ContourGlobal® is uniquely positioned to continue its expansion through various ongoing growth projects.
We base our portfolio investments on what makes sense for the client and location. That could mean using methane extracted from a Rwandan lake to fuel electricity-producing gas engines, or combining existing technologies to develop a “quad-generation” solution that provides four types of generation—power, heating, cooling and a source of CO2—for a multinational beverage bottler. We operate a portfolio with multiple fuels as well as renewable energy in two distinct lines of business: Developing and operating large, central-station generating plants to supply national grids in high-growth markets; Partnering with multinational companies to boost production-facility efficiency—and improve environmental profiles—in mature markets.
ContourGlobal® is a multinational company with more than $4 billion of assets and more than $1 billion of revenue. Despite these established-business figures, however, we remain true to our entrepreneurial roots, with leaders who understand the need to act quickly when new opportunities emerge.
Because we invest our own financial and personnel resources in every project, we are committed to both fiscal transparency and worker safety. We have deep expertise in the laws, regulations and tariff structures in every location in which we operate. We have zero tolerance for corruption or unsafe working conditions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ContourGlobal.com/
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please With mention of applying for the position of “Mechanical Engineer , Togo” (subject).
Closing date: 21 June 2017.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Power plant, comprising of engines and auxiliaries
- Planning and execution of schedule maintenance programs on engines and auxiliaries
- Supervise the work of subordinates in ensuring that operations & maintenance are carried out smoothly
- Deal with any case of breakdown and emergencies
- Responsible of all relevant technical documentation of plant and machinery
- Follow up and monitoring of jobs contracted to subcontractors
- To identify the training needs of the personnel, develop and help the team to grow .
- To conduct in depth investigation into major faults and outages and makes recommendations fort better performance.
- Ensure that OEM recommendation for the maintenance are strictly followed
- Work in close collaboration with the operation section.
- Ensure that all the HSE policy are followed,
- Ensure adequate stock spares, consumables and other essential items..
- Responsible for the location of faults and repairs to mechanical equipment
- Inspect the plant and equipment frequently during operation and standstills to see the all items are functioning properly and to look for maintenance items which should require attention
- Ensure that all the Operational Procedures in place are closely respected
- Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 05 years of experience in the power generation , especially with Wartsila engines (experience in a multinational environment will be an added advantage) .
- Excellent level (written and spoken) of English and French.
- Proficiently in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and without supervision;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to strictly meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure